• creating and delivering a custom-tailored curriculum,
• utilizing varied and interactive teaching methods,
• recruiting innovative and passionate instructors,
• limiting class size and student/teacher ratios, and
• involving parents in regular home practice.
Our classes are appropriate for beginners, and focus on conversation and reading/writing 한글. Our teaching methods are aimed at helping students acquire and retain the language. Techniques include call-and-answer drills, repetition, games, partner work, worksheet/workbook exercises, songs, and creative projects. We emphasize the importance of home practice as a necessary complement to the class experience.
A typical class composition includes review, new conversation phrases and vocabulary, and reading/writing drills. Classes also include cultural discussions, songs, Korean story reading, and creative projects.
We hope to serve families with limited exposure to Korean language and parents who are keen on building language familiarity. By helping children develop their Korean language skills, we will engage them in a conversation about themselves, build their local community of Korean-Americans, and broaden their world perspective.